- Emergency exit lights
- Street lights
- Construction spotlights
- Industrial ceiling lights Sets
- Spotlight with motion detector
- Industrial ceiling lights
- LED panels
- LED construction spotlight, black yellow, swiveling spotDelivery 2-3 days
- LED solar light, IP65, construction spotlight, swiveling, blackDelivery 7-9 days
- LED construction spotlight McShine `` LEB-30 V2 '', 2400lm, 30WDelivery 7-9 days
- LED construction spotlight, 5m cable, cool white, L 21.5 cmDelivery 2-3 days
Brightness plays a significant role in our daily lives. Without proper lighting, many jobs would not come as easily to us as they normally do. The lamps required for this purpose should ideally be bright, portable, durable and, above all, safe to use on the outside, as contact with water or small foreign bodies is not uncommon. These properties combine construction spotlights, with which you are always on the safe side, no matter what work you do or what hobby you pursue. In our online store you are guaranteed to find if you are looking for such a specimen, immediately available and at a reasonable price. Before buying, however, you should think about some criteria in order to acquire the optimal model for you. If you have further questions about one of our articles, we will of course provide you with more detailed information.
Where are construction spotlights used?
These light compositions are needed everywhere where good lighting is necessary to work well. This can be a construction site, but also the home workbench. Most often, the aim is to minimize the risk of injury due to insufficient brightness at the workplace. For an optimal position of the spotlights, a tripod can also be used as an accessory.
However, due to their high beam power, these spotlights are also used for other purposes. For example, large areas such as sports fields or parking lots can be illuminated to provide good visibility. Photo studios or settings for shooting video footage also require a lot of light, which is why work lights are also suitable for these purposes and are frequently used.
What models are available?
Basically, a distinction is made between two variants with regard to construction spotlights, because there are both LED spotlights and halogen spotlights. However, the variant with LEDs is much more widespread nowadays, as it offers many advantages compared to halogen spotlights - some of them even have a rechargeable battery or motion detector. Some of them are listed below:
- There is less development of heat, which promises a temperature that is at most warm to the touch. Thus, the lamp can be touched without any problems on the housing in addition to the carrying handle.
- LEDs cannot burst, so there is no risk of injury
- The power consumption of LEDs is much lower than that of incandescent lamps (about 80 percent less).
- They are much more robust and insensitive to shocks
How bright should the spotlight be?
The luminous flux of a construction spotlight is, next to the color temperature such as daylight white, its most important and essential criterion, which decides on a purchase. It is defined by the unit of measurement lumen (lm). This includes the power that is emitted by the lamp in all directions. For optimal illumination of a construction site or a workbench, a work lamp with a correspondingly high number of lumens is required. Models with at least 2,000lm are recommended to guarantee good working conditions. LED construction spotlights, which are used for large construction sites, for example, can reach an average of 3,000 to 4,000lm. For comparison, a conventional incandescent bulb with 60 watts has 500-800lm.
Which types of protection are suitable?
In order to be protected against dust, water and possible impacts from foreign bodies, you should definitely pay attention to the appropriate protection class of your spotlight. This is indicated by the abbreviation IP ("International Protection") and two digits (protection against foreign bodies and against water). Since these are mainly used in labor-intensive and possibly dangerous areas or outdoors, a certain robustness is all the more important. For construction lights, for example, the following combinations come into question:
- IP44: This protects the work light against splashing water from all sides and small foreign bodies with a diameter of one millimeter or more
- IP65: The floodlights are protected against water jets from all directions. In addition, no dust can penetrate the inside of the housing
- IP67: Corresponding luminaires are immune to temporary immersion in water. Even more they are dustproof